28 January, 2010

The Blogies.

Before I dazzle you all with another blogging masterpiece (some times I even amaze myself), I have an update to my anti-job hunting blog from a few days ago.

I had a second job interview yesterday and I was determined not to make the same mistake I made in the first interview. This time I was trying to be unimpressive. I really don't want to go back to work and I only went to the interview because I can never say no to anybody (a genetic disposition, thanks Mum). I was sure I had managed to be completely forgettable and was so brutally honest about my short comings that I now think I need some self-improvement classes. I walked out of the interview feeling pretty pleased with myself. Nobody in their right mind would want to employ me.

This morning I received a call from the employment agent:
    "Great News! They're really keen on you and want you to come in today for a third interview."

Oh FFS!!!

Time for me to stop messing around. I have withdrawn my job application and have asked the agent not to call me unless he has a short term contract paying stupidly high rates.


But I digress …


I'm a little late in responding to a wonderful award sent my way by MadMother which she called the Blogies. I'm hoping she will still drop by and have a read while she is on her blogging hiatus.

When accepting an award you should always do an acceptance speech:

That's great. Thanks. Please don't tell the company I am trying not to get a job with that I got an award.

Ok, so I'm no Kate Winslet.

This award lets me tell you about five things I love. There is no way I could tell you about the people in my life that I love in just five points so I'm going to stick to superficial things that rock my world.

1.  I Love Slushies.

As a kid slushies were meant it was the summer holidays. You couldn't buy them in the rural area where I grew up and I only ever had them when I travelled to the coast to visit my grandparents. Imagine my joy when I moved to Sydney to find you can buy slushies at service stations. I could have a brain freeze any time I wanted.  It was worth getting a car just so I could buy them when I needed petrol. Last year I reached a pinnacle of slushy joy by buying my partner his own home slushy maker for Christmas. I wanted it so badly. I knew he would want one.

2.  I Love Political Arguments.
For the sake of a good argument I will happily switch political allegiances so I can take an opposing view. The beauty of a political argument is nobody can actually win since all political views have faults and none are perfect. They can go on forever. If you're really lucky you can change sides mid-argument without anybody noticing.  Just remember to duck when the punches start flying.

3.  I Love Mosques and Churches.
I'm not in any way religious but these buildings amaze me. I'm lucky to have travelled around Europe and some of the Middle East and I have seen some incredible buildings. The feeling of awe I experienced walking into the Blue Mosque in Istanbul will stay with me forever.


4.  I Love Books.
I'm not fussy, I will read anything I can get my hands on. I usually read three or four books at the same time because I get so excited about a new book that I start to read it before I have finished the old one. I can get a bit bloody minded and won't admit defeat with a book. I have been reading Anna Karenina for about 18 years now. This year I can take it drinking with me.

5.  I Love Laughter.

I have a loud laugh (think of a donkey bray crossed with a chainsaw) and I would get very self-concious when people commented on it. Happily I'm not so precious now. Screw it, I'll laugh as loud as I like. I enjoy hearing others laugh, no matter how unorthodox the sound. A dear friend is a snorter and I know I have had a good night out if she is snorting uncontrollably into her beer. It's a beautiful sight.


I also love reading snippets of people's lives in the blog-sphere. I'm enjoying reading about Caz from The Truth About Mummy and I would like to pass this award on to her. I hope all goes well for her with starting big school.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Wow - thanks Vicki! Bet you'd have got that job!! Life is funny hey. Okay I'd better go write my acceptance speech!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm the same with War and Peace. My edition is so old I could probably sell it on eBay for a mint. Good luck with not getting that job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for 3rd interview hope you miss out! Congrats on bloggie too.... I too have a loud loud laugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Created By: Ruddy Ugarte Inventor/Founder Miami/New York based company composed of seasoned entrepenuer Ruddy Ugarte and Javier Salazar with experience in start-ups and his team at APF Inc. will be launch this exciting new product with your support.

      www.indiegogo.com/kickblinker

      www.kickblinker.com

      Delete
  4. Created By: Ruddy Ugarte Inventor/Founder Miami/New York based company composed of seasoned entrepenuer Ruddy Ugarte and Javier Salazar with experience in start-ups and his team at APF Inc. will be launch this exciting new product with your support.

    www.indiegogo.com/kickblinker

    www.kickblinker.com

    ReplyDelete