06 June, 2010

Scenic Sunday: Waterfall in Flood

It's still raining here so today's photos are of a flooded waterfall near where I grew up.  Apsley Falls is located near the town of Walcha in the northern part of New South Wales.  As a kid I was never interested in visiting the falls.  Now I have moved away I love any chance I can get to see them again. 

Apsley Falls
Apsley Falls in flood
Apsley Falls
This part of NSW has been suffering drought for years so it's nice to see the rain.

Apsley Falls
This shot was taken from the top of the falls.
Apsley Falls
The mist from the waterfall stops this from being a very clear photo but it gives some scale with the people on the left side of the shot.

7 comments:

  1. that´s quite impressive! great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning shots and a beautiful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great waterfalls imagine it sounds as powerful as it looks

    Christina, sweden

    ReplyDelete
  4. how come i've never heard of these falls...they're fantastic....i had land near Tabulam and have been all over nsw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a spectacular view. The water looks yellowish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd never heard of these falls! They look very impressive but I suppose they run less often than not, considering drought.

    ReplyDelete